Help for the Homeless
YOUR Help Needed for the Homeless!
The shelter for homeless families in Earleville –Deep Roots (formerly Clairvaux Farms) is in great need of the most basic of clothing – new underwear. We are asking for your help in meeting this need. Please consider donating men’s undershirts and undershorts as well as ladies’ undergarments (panties and sports bras). The roomier sizes are suggested - Large and Extra Large, etc. Also needed are toddler-sized “pull ups” (training pants) for young children who are potty training. Your help is sorely needed and greatly appreciated. Please place new, packaged underwear in the basket that is in the main entry area of our church. God bless you.
St. Dennis is sponsoring a blood drive through
the Blood Bank of Delmarva. The drive will be
held on Sunday, February 16 after the 8:00 am
Mass. It will be held in the religious education
building across the street from the church. We
need a minimum of 40 people willing to donate
blood. IF you are interested and able to be a
donor please contact Cathy Stryker at
consider giving the gift of life! Thank you.
Homemade Soup Fundraiser
Are you looking forward to the warmer weather that spring brings? In case you didn’t already know, the Saint Dennis Fundraising Committee will be warming things up by offering several HOMEMADE SOUP Options for the months of February and March. The Soup will be $8.00 per Quart.
The two soup options that will be offered on February 16th include: Chicken Noodle or Tomato.
If you are interested in participating in this fundraiser, please complete the “Pre-Order” Form located in the bulletin and drop your completed form in the Collection Basket. Pre-Orders for the month of February should be dropped in the Collection Basket by no later than, Sunday, February 9th. Please note that we also have dessert options including Apple Cakes for $4.00 and Chocolate Chip cookies for $5.00. If you are interested in the deserts, please mark the quantity for each dessert option.
Items may be picked up immediately after the 8:00 mass on February 16th.
Please pre-order using the order form
Robin’s Apple Cakes ($4.00 each)
Robin’s Chocolate Chip Cookies ($5.00 per bag)
The soup options to be offered in March include: Maryland Crab Vegetable or Tortilla. Hope you enjoy and thanks for your support!
St. Dennis Pastoral Council Report- January 9, 2020
Stained Glass Window Restoration:
Work has begun on our Good Shepherd window, and the entry door window is ready to be replaced. St Dennis parishioners have responded with generosity and most of the Phase 1 windows have been sponsored.
National Register of Historic Places: Committee members begin the process of preparing the applications for submission to the National Registry.
St Dennis Church, Rectory & Cemetery will be included in this application.
- Committees: “Soup Sale” fundraiser begins on Sunday, January 19, with Vegetable Beef soup and Chili being offered at $8 per quart. Robin’s Apple Cakes & chocolate chip cookies for sale.
- Building & Maintenance : Re-organizing & prioritizing necessary repairs and updates to St Dennis’ Campus.
- Liturgy Planning: Current considerations are: “Palms to Ashes” ceremony before the Shrove Tuesday Pancake supper on February 25th, Ash Wednesday on February 26th, Lenton Friday Stations of the Cross at 4PM.
- New Mandatory Forms: For scheduling the use or rental of the Hall or a room, & what is expected of the user, please contact Peg at the office. Thank You!
- Clairvaux Farm urgent need: Men’s & women’s NEW underwear in size Large & X-Large. Women’s sports bras. Children’s “Pull Ups”. More to follow!!!
- Beautification Update: Volunteers have graciously planted 120 tulip and daffodill bulbs. Perhaps more of nature’s beauty can be added to enhance our Church grounds in the future! Interested???
- Blood Bank: As a community service, the blood bank drive is scheduled for 2/16/2020 in coordination with Blood Bank of Delmarva. More to follow!!
Next Meeting; February 13, 2020 at 7 PM.
Religious Education News
February 9 is affectionately known as “Keychain Sunday” in the Diocese of Wilmington. On this day, at all Masses, anyone who has received their driver’s license in the past year (regardless of age!) will be invited to come forth for a special blessing. Please share this with the new drivers in your life and invite them to come to Mass on February 9th!
There will be no Religious Education classes on Sunday, February 16th due to the holiday weekend.
We are pleased to announce that on the day before Ash Wednesday (Shrove Tuesday ) there will be a “Palms to Ashes” service in our church! Palms from this past year’s Palm Sunday can be brought to burn for the making of ashes. You may bring your old palms and place them into the bin marked “for palms” in the church vestibule at any time before this date. The Palms to Ashes service will be held Tuesday, February 25th at 5 pm in the church. All are welcome!
Afterwards, come across to the hall for the Pancake Supper! Featuring pancakes, eggs, sausage, sausage gravy & biscuits, juice, & coffee. Begins after the Palms to Ashes service, ∼ 5:30 pm until 7 pm. Adults $10, children 6-12 $5, under 6 free. Benefits the Religious Education Program at St. Dennis.
We hope you will join us for these special events in our parish community!