Help for the Homeless
- Hits: 10
YOUR Help Needed for the Homeless!
The shelter for homeless families in Earleville –Deep Roots (formerly Clairvaux Farms) is in great need of the most basic of clothing – new underwear. We are asking for your help in meeting this need. Please consider donating men’s undershirts and undershorts as well as ladies’ undergarments (panties and sports bras). The roomier sizes are suggested - Large and Extra Large, etc. Also needed are toddler-sized “pull ups” (training pants) for young children who are potty training. Your help is sorely needed and greatly appreciated. Please place new, packaged underwear in the basket that is in the main entry area of our church. God bless you.
Homemade Soup Fundraiser
- Hits: 28
Are you looking forward to the warmer weather that spring brings? In case you didn’t already know, the Saint Dennis Fundraising Committee will be warming things up by offering several HOMEMADE SOUP Options for the months of February and March. The Soup will be $8.00 per Quart.
The two soup options that will be offered on February 16th include: Chicken Noodle or Tomato.
If you are interested in participating in this fundraiser, please complete the “Pre-Order” Form located in the bulletin and drop your completed form in the Collection Basket. Pre-Orders for the month of February should be dropped in the Collection Basket by no later than, Sunday, February 9th. Please note that we also have dessert options including Apple Cakes for $4.00 and Chocolate Chip cookies for $5.00. If you are interested in the deserts, please mark the quantity for each dessert option.
Items may be picked up immediately after the 8:00 mass on February 16th.
Please pre-order using the order form
Robin’s Apple Cakes ($4.00 each)
Robin’s Chocolate Chip Cookies ($5.00 per bag)
The soup options to be offered in March include: Maryland Crab Vegetable or Tortilla. Hope you enjoy and thanks for your support!
Communion Norms for the Diocese
- Hits: 119
Bishop Malooly recently issued norms regarding the celebration of Communion Services in the Diocese of Wilmington. The Bishop has directed that the following be placed in all parish bulletins:
In recent years, it has become somewhat common practice for parishes to schedule Communion Services on those days when daily Mass is cancelled or not scheduled. The Church views Communion Services during the week as an extraordinary exception rather than the norm. (Sunday Mass where no priest is available is addressed below.)
Although the Church does, in limited instances, foresee a Liturgy of the Word with Communion (i.e., a Communion Service) typically on a Sunday, the Church asks that such liturgies be rarely permitted on weekdays and then only by extraordinary exception.
The following guidelines are effective immediately in all parishes and parish mission churches in the Diocese of Wilmington:
- Communion Services may not be substituted for Daily Mass, except in unexpected circumstances. For instance, the scheduled priest fails to show up or has a sudden illness or personal emergency.
- When a daily Mass is cancelled, and published as such in advance, the faithful must be notified of the availability of other daily Masses in surrounding churches.
- In lieu of daily Mass, the Pastor may schedule another type of service: Liturgy of the Hours, a Liturgy of the Word, Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament, or the communal recitation of the Rosary.
- In the extremely unlikely event that a priest is indisposed from being able to be present for a Sunday Mass, then the ritual that the Church has provided must be utilized, that is Sunday Celebrations in the Absence of a Priest. A priest's absence from Sunday Mass must be for a very serious reason and every effort must be made by him to find a priest replacement.
- The Leader of prayer on those occasions when there is no priest shall be a Deacon, or a Seminarian who has been assigned to the parish, or a Religious, or a Lay minister designated by the pastor. It is a laudable practice that other members of the Lay Faithful share parts of the service.
Hopefully, these new guidelines will eliminate confusion surrounding the question of Communion Services and render us all united in what we celebrate and when and by whom.
- Hits: 14
St. Dennis is sponsoring a blood drive through
the Blood Bank of Delmarva. The drive will be
held on Sunday, February 16 after the 8:00 am
Mass. It will be held in the religious education
building across the street from the church. We
need a minimum of 40 people willing to donate
blood. IF you are interested and able to be a
donor please contact Cathy Stryker at
consider giving the gift of life! Thank you.
Finance Council News
- Hits: 476
- Finance Council is working to boost enrollment in Faith Direct e-giving through quarterly email notices and sign up instructions. The Finance Council is working to boost enrollment in Faith Direct e-giving through quarterly email notices and weekly bulletin
- Dennis pledges have exceeded its Annual Catholic Appeal target. Pending payment of all pledge amounts, St. Dennis Church will receive 50% of the overage funds.
- There will be an "Annual Report to Parishioners" prepared by both Pastoral and Finance Council in the upcoming months.
- We are looking for new members, if you are Interested please talk to Fr. Jim. Meetings are held on the First Thursday of each month, 6:30pm in the Parish Office